Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum age of 21 and maximum age of 26 at the time of the application deadline (15 January 2022 for all regions)
- Citizenship for the relevant Rolex Scholarship region (North America, Europe, and Australasia)
- Applicant has not yet earned a graduate degree (i.e. Masters, Doctorate or similar) by April 1st of the scholarship year, and has not yet chosen a clearly defined career path
- High academic standing
- Fluency in English
- Certification as a Rescue Diver or equivalent with a minimum of 25 dives logged in the past two years
- Evidence of adequate health insurance for duration of scholarship year
- Submission of a completed diving medical examination form (which is found in the application)
- If you are chosen as a scholar, you will be required to pass a NOAA or equivalent physical.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
The underwater world connects us all—we are as dependent on the oceans as we are on each other. As a global organization, the Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society® celebrates the extraordinary human diversity of the planet as we seek to provide educational opportunities that help young leaders develop their full potential to engage in an ever more inclusive, sustainable, and equitable world. We aspire to be an organization that leads with its values, and embraces diversity, respect, and collaboration as vital to our learning culture.