You must register on this site to apply online.
PLEASE NOTE NEW APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 15 January 2022.
The online application will start accepting applications on 1 October 2021.
Please complete the online application to apply for any scholarships and/or internships offered by the Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society®.
Completed scholarship applications must be RECEIVED via the online application no later than 15 January 2022 for the North American, European and Australasian Rolex Scholarship applications to be considered for the 2022 scholarship. Applications for the 2022 scholarships will be accepted starting 1 October 2021.
*To be eligible for any of the 2020 Rolex Scholarships an applicant must have a birth date from 1 January 1995 to 31 December 2000 (inclusive). Those whose birth dates are outside of this range are not eligible.
Scholarship applicants are required to submit the following information within the online application:
1) Copy of dive scuba diving certification card(s)
2) Copy of dive logs for the last six months. If you have fewer than 25 dives in the last six months, extend the time period of your dive logs sufficient to include your 25 most recent dives.
4) Four letters of recommendation:
Two letters of recommendation from teachers or professors from whom you have taken classes and can comment on your academic background and accomplishments, and two letters of recommendation from persons in your community who can comment on your character, leadership potential, and communication skills.
Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society® can only accept recommendation letters directly from the referees. As a result, please request the four referees to email letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com, clearly labelled "Applicant last name, first name - region - scholarship - year. For more information, please see FAQ.
5) Statement from certifying agency (or school) or most recent scuba instructor regarding diving proficiency
6) Current resume including any extracurricular activities
7) Copy of official transcript or unofficial transcript. Finalists will be required to physically mail an official transcript to the appropriate regional office.
8) Personal biography (maximum two pages, double-spaced) detailing relevant activities
9) Statements (maximum two pages, double-spaced):
1) What are your personal goals for the Scholarship year and how will the Scholarship help you to achieve them?
2) How do you hope to contribute to the underwater world from both a personal and global perspective?
All scholarship and internship application fees are payable online via PayPal. You will be redirected to PayPal upon application submission.
The North American Scholarship application fee is $50.00.
The European Scholarship application fee is £50.00.
The Australasian Scholarship application fee is A$50.00.
Your application will be complete after all materials have been submitted and payment has been received.
A personal interview will be required of all scholarship finalists. Finalists will also be required to submit official transcripts directly to the correct regional office from your school’s registrar. Official transcript(s) must present grades through the most current semester.
If you are having trouble viewing the online application, please email us at:
We will email you an application for your region.
If you are experiencing problems uploading documents onto your online application, please email all supplemental materials and documents to the appropriate email address (above) by the scholarship deadline.
It is the applicants' responsibility to confirm receipt of application materials sent via email.