You must register on this site to apply online.
The online application will be available to start accepting applications on [site:owuss_application_season_start]. Please complete the online application to apply for any scholarships and/or internships offered by the Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society®. Completed Scholarship applications must be RECEIVED via the online application no later than 1 December 2019 for the North American, European and Australasian Rolex Scholarship Applications to be considered for the 2020 scholarship. Applications for the 2020 scholarships are now closed.
*Applicants for the Rolex Scholarship must have a birthdate between 1 December 1992 and 1 December 1998 to be eligible.
Scholarship applicants are required to submit the following information within the online application:
1) Copy of dive scuba diving certification card(s)
2) Copy of dive logs for the last six months
4) Four letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from teachers or professors from whom you have taken classes and two letters of recommendation from persons in your community. Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society® can only accept recommendation letters directly from the referees. As a result, please request the 4 referees to email letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please see FAQ.
5) Statement from certifying agency (or school) or most recent scuba instructor regarding diving proficiency
6) Current resume including any extracurricular activities
7) Copy of Official Transcript or Unofficial Transcript. Finalists will be required to physically mail an official transcript to the appropriate regional office.
7) Personal biography (maximum 2 pages, double spaced) detailing relevant activities
8) Statements (maximum 2 pages, double spaced):
1) What are your personal goals for the Scholarship year and how will the Scholarship help you to achieve them?
2) How do you hope to contribue to the Underwater World from both a personal and global perspective?
All scholarship and internship application fees are payable online via PayPal. You will be redirected to PayPal upon application submission.
The North American Scholarship application fee is $50.00, and the North American Internship application fee is $25.00 per internship.
The European Scholarship application fee is £50.00.
The Australasian Scholarship Application fee is A$50.00.
Your application will be complete after all materials have been submitted and payment has been received.
A personal interview will be required of all scholarship finalists. Finalists will also be required to submit official transcripts directly to the correct regional office from your school’s registrar. Official transcript(s) must present grades through the most current semester.
If you are having trouble viewing the online application, please email us at email@example.com for North America, VicePresident-EU@owuscholarship.org for Europe, or Australasia@owuscholarship.org for Australasia applications, and we will email you an application for your region. If you are experiencing problems uploading documents onto their online application, please email all supplemental materials and documents via mail to the appropriate email address above by the scholarship deadline. It is the applicant's responsibility to confirm receipt of application materials sent via email.