- College/University undergraduates and recent graduates
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- High academic standing proven through official transcripts
- Applicants must be US citizens or obtain valid immigration status to be able to participate in an internship
- All internships have eligibility requirements. These are listed in each internship description. PLEASE READ THESE REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY. Applicants must demonstrate compliance with the eligibility requirements to be considered for an internship
- Applicants must demonstrate evidence of medical insurance, dive insurance (where applicable), and vehicle insurance (where applicable)
- The internship selection process is very competitive, and it is important that each applicant carefully reads the eligibility requirements for the internships and submits a complete application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Please see Internship Frequently Asked Questions for more information on eligibility.
You must register on this site to complete the online appication.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
The Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society (OWUSS) is dedicated to providing young leaders with exemplary experiences in the underwater world. We strive to cultivate an organization built on mentorship, encouragement, tolerance and mutual respect, thereby engendering a welcoming environment for all. We believe in diversity both in terms of ideas and the people that form our organization.
We will vigorously and proactively reject prejudice and stereotyping wherever it is encountered in our organization. OWUSS further promotes diversity and inclusion in all areas of activity, including scholarships, internships, leadership, committees, outreach, public engagement, recruitment and all other areas of Society activity.